Thursday, July 24, 2008

OUCH!

This morning's trip to the vet took a turn for the bad this am. As I bent down to lift dog #2 into the car, I felt a *pop* and a whiz of pain and swear I heard my mom's voice saying "bend at your knees!!" OY VEY. I'm in pain.

A day of pain and never finding a comfortable position, I had to leave the cocoon and drive to 7th Ave and Thomas to get into a doctor of any sort today. I went to a chiropractor who identified the "stuck" vertebrae and worked it back into place. According to her though, I will be in pain for a bit, but I'll be back to normal soon and my half-marathon in August in San Diego she says will be fine. As far as me actually preparing for it and participating in a training run this weekend - THAT she's not so sure of.

AND...A N D! I'm supposed to chase Polly around and get her to dip and hold each of her four feet into this solution I will make - for TEN MINUTES - twice a day. And after she fully hates me, chase her around again and shove cold medicine down her ears. And I'm having trouble making it to the bathroom to PEE right now.

Wah, wah, wah. Whine fest over. It did prompt me to throw together THIS attractive number - the worst PhotoShop butchery ever. (It's supposed to be me lifting Anna into the car.) My Day in Images. Enjoy:

2 comments:

cheapblueguitar said...

Ouch indeed. I hope you feel better soon.

BTW, I love that you called the neighborhood "The Cocoon." :)

Unknown said...

Hee hee, well Brian as part of my primary (only?) audience, I practically write FOR you!