Monday, December 8, 2008

Truly Thankful and Blessed

It's so easy this time of year to get stressed out with all the shopping and card sending and social activities. We often can get so caught up in what we don't have that we forget to be thankful for all we DO have.

I am so thankful for so many things in my life - my job, my home, my family and my great friends. I feel truly blessed to have such amazing and giving people in my life!

The Charity Chicks Holiday Party was this weekend and I am so amazed at how generous everyone was. Special thanks to Pranksters Too for giving us their newly renovated performance room for the evening and for helping me out with some of the appetizers. They've been very accommodating to the Charity Chicks events and we love em!

We were treated to beautiful performances by Kris Cremain and Socie Saltwater - they were so kind to donate their time and really made the evening special.

Also, Charity Chicks Diane, Natasha, Jenny and Frances came early to help decorate and brought some yummy sugary treats to add to the evening. (Not a Ghiradelli chocolate remained!)

Lastly, to my fabulous friends (even some who couldn't attend and made contributions), it was great to spend the evening with you. We raised over $500 in gift cards and cash - as well as received a bunch of donated items and wrapping paper. I will distribute these to Valley programs to help fill remaining needs for the holidays. We will make a difference in some families and seniors lives in our community.

Being surrounded by such quality people really makes my heart swell. And it goes beyond this event - many friends are doing lots of good things in this world and I'm proud to know y'all. Happy Holidays - Merry Christmas!!



Kris and Socie - so talented!



We had a FUN and silly photo opportunity for party goers!



Not every thought my decorations were great. Some found the snowman a bit creepy. Here the star of the show poses in the display . . .

No comments: